Combat COMPASSION FATIGUE Course
For Compassion Fatigue, Anxiety and Stress
I got started in animal welfare in 2006, trained as a vet assistant and wrote grants for rescues and the local animal shelter. Later I worked at an animal shelter for 5 years and completely burned out. I suffered with many of the symptoms of compassion fatigue such as sadness, anger, difficulty sleeping. You can see the list of symptoms in my article on compassion fatigue here.
My focus for this workshop is on the veterinary and animal welfare and rescue communities, but all people who are in caring professions can take benefit from this course.
There’s just so much we can do to make the world a better and safer place, and sometimes all we have achieved is lost in the dark thoughts of what we HAVEN’T achieved.
It’s time to once again love the work you once loved.
This workshop is perfect for you if you want to learn tools that will empower you and enrich your life.
I help people who want to get past the pain they’re experiencing–and who want to learn the tools and techniques that will help them feel back in control of their life and their emotions.
If you are looking for help with dealing with trauma. If you feel a coach is what you need, and not a therapist, I believe I can be the best partner for you as you proceed on this journey, because the techniques I will teach you are very effective and empowering.
The Compassion Fatigue Course includes:
6 one- hour session of Private Coaching Sessions by Zoom or Skype every two weeks. (I’ll send you the link) In our first session we will discuss what’s happening with you right now and then we jump right in to these powerful techniques:
1. Mindfulness meditation actually soothes the amygdala, that part of the brain that creates our stress responses.
2. Journal Therapy Writing has healed physical as well as mental health.
3. Nature Therapy has been scientifically studied and found to create actual physical benefits for people.
4. NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) for anxiety gives us the tools to create anchors that will help you stay grounded when anxiety attacks arise. (I have dealt with anxiety, stress and compassion fatigue and these all worked for me too.)
PLUS THE FOLLOWING!
Bonus #1―Recorded, guided mindfulness body-scan meditation. ($45 value)
Bonus #2―Emailed PDFs of each methodology, with homework, after each session ($20 value)
Bonus #3―Follow-up 20-minute phone call, within 3 months of end of package sessions. ($50 value)
TOTAL VALUE $925
For 5 days only, Just $497
THIS PRICE IS AVAILABLE for the next 5 days ONLY!
This special offer ends September 15, 2019 at 5pm, so don’t wait!
Animal REIKI for REIKI Practitioners Plus Essential Oils for Pets
Animal REIKI for REIKI Practitioners Plus Essential Oils for Pets
When: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9am to 5pm
Where: Grass Valley, California,
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Have you been wanting to learn about Animal Reiki and how it can help your pets? If you are a Reiki practitioner, you already know about the benefits of Reiki energy. This class will show you how to use that energy to enhance your pet’s life, and help heal emotional, behavioral, and physical illnesses and injuries in animals. We will also spend some time discussing the use of essential oils with pets.
Reiki is ideal for use with animals because it is gentle and noninvasive. It doesn’t cause stress, discomfort, or pain, and yet yields powerful results. Animals respond intuitively to Reiki‘s power to heal emotional, behavioral, and physical illnesses and injuries. For animals who are healthy, Reiki helps to maintain their health, enhances relaxation and provides an emotional sense of peace and contentment.
For animals who are ill, Reiki is a wonderful healing method as well as a safe complement to Western Medicine, Chinese Medicine, homeopathy, flower essences, and all other forms of healing. For example, Reiki can reduce the side effects of chemotherapy, support an acupuncture or acupressure treatment, and enhance the effects of all modalities.
For animals with behavioral issues especially fear based aggression or anxiety Reiki is a powerful tool to help them relax and stop the cycle of panic or anxiety. For animals in transition, Reiki is a powerful yet gentle way to provide comfort, relief from pain, fear, and anxiety, and to ease the transition.
Plus Essential Oils for Pets
Essential oils have many benefits for us, but did you know your pets can benefit too? Of course we need to be careful about which oils we use and how we apply them. We will spend time reviewing which oils are appropriate for your dogs or cats and horses, how to present the oils to them and which are the best methods of application. Of course if your pet has a problem you should check with your veterinarian before you begin any type of alternate care, which also applies to essential oils.
At the end of this workshop, you will receive your Animal Reiki Practitioner Certificate and have your Animal Reiki Practitioner Manual
Reiki Level 1
When: March 23 & 24
Time: 10am to 3pm
Where: Grass Valley, CA
Cost: $129 ― limited to 4 students
An Introduction to Reiki and Animal Reiki (Learn More)
Become a Reiki 1 practitioner and also learn how to share Reiki with animals. This one-day class will teach you:
- The System of Reiki–an introduction and meaning and history
- The five Elements of the System of Reiki
- The Five Precepts
- Japanese techniques and meditations
- Healing treatments for people and animals.
This class is for people who want to deepen their relationships with animals and learn ways to heal the animals and people in their lives. Most Reiki I classes focus on Reiki for people, but this class is unique in its emphasis on Reiki for both people and animals.
Day One you’ll learn about Reiki and practice offering and receiving Reiki energy on your classmates.
Day Two we’ll learn about offering Reiki to animals and practice on dogs, cats, a horse and a donkey.
What you’ll learn:
- The traditional Japanese system of Reiki, its history, and how it relates to the healing of self and others
- Uses of Reiki for personal development and client healing of mind, body and spirit
- The body’s energy systems, including the Japanese concept of the Three Diamonds
- The Five Reiki Precepts and Gassho meditation
- Best ethics for approaching animals with Reiki sessions
- How to offer Reiki treatments to animals and people.
- Techniques for grounding, expansion and connection to help you become an animal magnet to even the most sensitive animals!
- A philosophy of being Reiki with your animals, rather than doing Reiki to them
Students practice Reiki treatments on other students and animals.
What you’ll receive:
- A life-changing weekend with other animal people!
- An extensive and in-depth professional manual to guide your journey
- A beautiful certificate to show your professional training as a Level 1 Reiki Practitioner
- Continuing email and phone support
Reiki practitioners use intention, focus and meditation to build a sort of energetic “healing bridge.” The bridge is built upon the foundation of the practitioner’s dedication to his or her Reiki personal practice, energetic experience and purity of intention. The bridge itself consists of the energetic harmony and balance that is the essence of Reiki. When animals are stressed, sick, or injured, you could say that energetically, they are “imbalanced.” By offering an energetic connection and bridge of “balance,” the practitioner is offering the animal a support system that the animal can use to relax, self-heal, and “rebalance.”
What Does a Reiki Practitioner NOT Do?
Reiki sessions are given for the purpose of stress reduction and relaxation to promote healing. Reiki is not a substitute for medical diagnosis and treatment. Reiki practitioners do not diagnose conditions nor do they prescribe, perform medical treatment, nor interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional. Reiki practitioners do not manipulate energy or control treatments: animals are the leaders in the process, taking only the amount of energy they wish to receive.
- Maintain health and well-being on the physical, mental and emotional levels
- Induce deep relaxation and stress-relief
- Accelerate healing in sick or injured animals, or animals recovering from surgery
- Help reduce pain and inflammation
- Help reduce behavior problems and aggression
- Help abused animals heal from past mental/physical trauma
- Complement conventional and alternative therapies
- Lessen the side-effects of other medical treatments
- Support the dying process
Why Reiki is an Ideal Holistic Therapy for Animals?
- It is gentle, noninvasive, painless, and stress-free.
- It goes to the issues that need it most, even when unknown to the practitioner.
- It can be given hands-on or from a distance and adapted to any problem an animal may face.
- It can do no harm to either recipient or practitioner.
- Animals can control their participation in the treatment, thus becoming leaders in their own process of healing.
What Creates A Successful Reiki Treatment?
A successful animal Reiki treatment requires just 2 things: the intention of the practitioner to be an open channel for the energy, and the acceptance the animal gives to this energy.
Is Reiki for Animals a “Hands-on” Healing System?
Although a human Reiki treatment usually consists of a series of hand positions lightly placed upon different parts of the body, an animal Reiki treatment is approached very differently. When doing Reiki on an animal, it is best to treat from several feet away and allow the animal to come forward to receive hands-on treatment only if he or she is open to it. Many animals will actually place certain body parts into the hands of the practitioner to show where they need healing the most. Other animals will simply lie down several feet away and fall into a deep “Reiki nap.”
Because animal Reiki treatments are not dependent upon physical contact for success, they are ideal for use with shelter animals. Animals who are fearful, skittish, abused, or aggressive are ideal candidates for Reiki from a distance. Practitioners can offer Reiki quite successfully whether physical contact is used or not.